Friday, October 22, 2010

Trotting and tractors!


This week has been going outstandingly. Considering our mediocre-at-best tack setup at the moment of leather halter with extra long leadrope and saddle without stirrups, Domino and I have both been doing wonderfully.

My core had gotten really weak just because my only ride time was in lessons, and unfortunately I just can't afford enough lessons to really keep my physical stamina up. But posting and sitting the trot for significant chunks of our 30 to 45 minute sessions is already helping! I managed to do almost all posting trot work today for a good 20 minutes. My legs are killing me, but I can't wait to be back in good, strong riding shape. And I can't wait for Domino to get his fitness up again, either.

After my successful little ride today, I decided to take Domino on a walk around to do some bombproofing work. We encountered tractors and trucks and bright red trailers, and he took it all in stride. Clever, clever pony. I think he'll be ready to start trying some trails soon, but I'll be waiting for real stirrups and an actual bridle for that.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment